As humans, we have entrenched the communities and expanded the resources of clean and drinkable water from the very beginning. Indeed, it is vital for the survival of all humans. We all understand the fact the water is essential for us as we can live without food for several days but not without water. However, do we know that this basic need is not accessible to many of the people on planets, and they are dying because of the thirst and the water-borne diseases?
The clean and fresh water today is getting threatened by the water pollution. We are not only taking care of our resources poorly but also making a huge mistake by wasting it and dirtying it at the same time.
There are thousands of ways by which we are polluting the water today. We can say that everything which is a by-product of our civilization is contaminating our clean water. Few ways of polluting water are urbanization, the chemicals which are getting thrown away from the factories, the untreated raw sewage getting discharged from our households, the acid rain which is caused by the burning of fossils fuels, the human littering in rivers, lakes, and oceans, the oil spills and many more.
Now the most crucial question is how are humans getting affected by the polluted water? Why don’t you try drinking the untreated and unclean water? Your body will immediately react in some or the other ways. The minimum effect that you will see is the stomach ache. Around 3,575,000 people die every year because of the waterborne disease out of which majority of them are children.
The infectious disease gets spread by the polluted water. Typhoid, Paratyphoid Fever, Dysentery, Jaundice, Cholera, Malaria, Dengue, and Amoebiasis are some of the contagious diseases that spread through contaminated water and are known as water-borne diseases.
- The chemicals in the water today also hurt our health.
- Arsenic causes severe liver damage, vascular disease and problems like skin cancer.
- The central nervous system can be damaged by an accumulation of Lead.
- Petrochemical with even a minimum exposure can lead to cancer.
- Fluorides in disproportionate amount can lead damage to the spinal cord and also can make your teeth yellow.
- Pesticides contain carbonates and organophosphates which can damage our nervous system and can also cause cancer. Reproductive and endocrinal damage is caused by Chlorides.
- “The Blue Baby” syndrome to the babies is caused by Nitrates which when mixed with drink formula milk limit the amount of oxygen to the brain.
These are just a few names, but the list is not over here.
This is the high time where we should start doing our part to save water and stop polluting it. To protect water, we can begin using waterless bath with the waterless help shampoo, and waterless body wash. Today in the market the waterless bathing products are available which keeps time and water at the same time. There are multiple ways to save water; we have to start doing it. Let’s start from the home, how to conserve water. If the water around us is not safe, the infectious disease along with it will eventually come to us. We need to stop littering the rivers, lake, and oceans. Let us start increasing the awareness of the requirement of saving water by educating the children and people in our society. With the help of progressive technology, we can improve the methods of conserving and protecting water. It is a long way to go, but we need to do our share to save water, save lives and to save the world.