Safeguarding Water; A Fundamental Act Of The Present To Secure The time to come
Water, the most necessary resources for our existence, is being depleted at an uncountable speed. If it is not taken care of, we will be left with nothing to regret in the future. We are not in the condition to waste any more water, because what we are losing today might not be available 20 years down the line. Skydrop has very beautifully quoted; “You never know the worth of water until the well runs dry.” Since childhood, we have been told and taught many things that are going to help us save water.
Here are some of them and conserve water as much as possible. :
- Turn off the water while brushing teeth, shaving, washing hairs, and soaping the body. This will help save many gallons of water every day. Dr. Puneet Gupta, the founder of Clensta International waterless body bath and waterless shampoo says; 350 litres of water can be saved every day with a proper bathing regimen. Well, let’s try to follow him.
- Technology has made our lives much easier by providing a broad option for everything. Try to install showers and taps that control the flow of water as desired. Water-efficient products and appliances like dishwashers and cloth washing machines are also being used in many parts of the world.
- Smokers spread not only cancer but also wastewater more than someone who does not. The reason is, every time one would throw a cigarette bud in the toilet, one wastes 5-6 gallons of water while flushing it away. If you cannot stop smoking, ashtrays and dustbins are there for a purpose. Get habituated to using them.
- A lush green backyard or lawn is a great place to have. Maintaining them is also not too tricky if done smartly. Water the plants in the morning and only when necessary. Do some research and find out what are the plants that are suitable for the environment you live. This may save much underground water as well. Plants like eucalyptus suck more water than an Ashoka tree. Many self-watering technologies are also introduced nowadays. You have to research a little bit before buying anything.
- Taps and faucets need to be tightened or changed regularly. Overnight, a dilapidated tap can waste almost 20 litres of water. Well, that is a tremendous amount of water to drain.
- Use a bottle to drink water instead of a glass. Alternatively, use the same glass for the whole day. You have to cover the glass properly. This avoids washing it every time and save a considerable amount of water.
- Lastly and most importantly, instead of washing the car at home, contact an instant car wash centre. It is a great thing to clean your car. However, with spending just a little, you can go to a car wash to get the cleaning done. With artificial technologies, these car wash centres are great to get your cars clean without wasting much water.
Let’s see how many of them you are going to follow!