Positive thoughts and a proper skincare routine are the only two requirements to start your day correctly.
A healthy skincare routine has various steps. While everyone cleans, tones, and moisturises, today, let’s talk about a face scrub and its benefits. A face scrub is a skin care product used to exfoliate your skin. Proper exfoliation helps remove the dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, which reduces the chances of clogged pores and acne breakouts. When you scrub your skin, you allow newer skin cells to emerge and eliminate your skin concerns like hyperpigmentation, acne spots, and dry and dead skin.
Using an exfoliating scrub is not a new thing or something that has just started happening. Records dating back to older centuries show that people used ingredients like dried corn cobs, crushed sea shells, sand, and pumice stones to exfoliate their skin mechanically. It has now been replaced by chemical exfoliation or natural ingredients like coffee granules, walnut shells, jojoba beads, sugar, honey, oats etc., to exfoliate the skin.
So, what does a face scrub do to your skin when you include it in your skincare routine?
A de tan scrub contains coarse particles that exfoliate your skin. It removes deep-set impurities and gives you glowing skin. A facial scrub with the right natural ingredients gives you soft, smooth, and even-toned skin. The exfoliating particles in the scrub rub against your skin and remove all the dirt from your pores, giving you healthy and glowing skin.
A facial scrub can significantly benefit your skin when included in your skincare routine at least twice a week. Let’s take a look at a few benefits below:
- One of the most basic functions of a scrub is to remove the dead skin cells from your face that make your skin look dry and dull. Dead skin cells, if not removed, also clog your pores. You get baby-soft, glowing skin when the dead skin cells are removed.
- When you exfoliate your skin regularly, you make sure that the pores on your face stay open so that the oil doesn’t get stored in your skin, which leads to acne and your skin breaking out. When produced in a limit, the sebum doesn’t harm the skin and keeps it moisturised.
- When you regularly scrub your skin, you increase the blood circulation in your facial skin, giving you a natural glow. It also leads to a healthy, fresh look with softer skin.
- Exfoliation using natural ingredients also makes your skin fresher and softer as it removes dry patches on your skin, also known as flakes. These patches make your skin look incredibly dull, dry, and unhealthy.
- A scrub promotes the skin becoming naturally lighter and brighter. It helps in reducing acne scars and black spots. When you scrub the skin, it rejuvenates your skin and removes the dead and damaged skin.
- An exfoliating scrub with antiseptic properties also prevents the growth of in-grown hair, reducing pimples on your face. A scrub is an excellent choice to avoid ingrowth and make scrubbing safer and more beneficial.
- When you exfoliate and scrub your skin regularly, you improve its texture by encouraging the renewal process. Since your facial skin is sensitive, thin, and more prone to damage, pollution, dust, and dirt can lead to rough and dry skin.
- When you have exfoliated skin devoid of dry, flaky skin, your makeup sets better on your face and gives you your desired look.
- Exfoliating your face with a scrub can easily remove the dead skin cells, which will help you when you use other skincare products on your face, which will seep in faster and be effective.
While a facial de tan scrub has many benefits, not everyone is fond of these scrubs. Below are a few reasons why this wonder product gets so much hate, and not everyone applies them to their skin:
- Facial scrubs made earlier contained plastic beads that were found to be polluting the environment, so people stopped using these altogether.
- Some natural ingredients used to make the scrubs are found to tear the skin with their sharp edges. So, rather than being beneficial for the skin, these products turn out to be harmful and cause your skin to tear. However, products now have grains with rounded edges that do not harm your skin and are beneficial for exfoliation.
- Many skincare enthusiasts have now switched to exfoliating serums instead of scrubs. To reap the benefits. However, a healthy mix of both these products is what your skin needs to be adequately exfoliated and remove hyperpigmentation.
As explained above, the basis for rejecting facial scrubs does not stand true, and one should include these in their skincare routine. Let’s see a few ingredients below that should be a part of the face scrub you choose:
- Walnut Shell – The walnut shell is a physical exfoliator that works well on your skin in powder form and, when appropriately scrubbed, can give you a smoother and revitalised complexion. It removes dead, flaky skin and excess oils from your face and can also help reduce acne and dark spots while giving you brighter skin.
- Turmeric – When mixed with other natural ingredients, this wonder ingredient can give you glowing, brighter skin in no time. Turmeric helps exfoliate dead skin cells and moisturises your skin. It helps reduce blackheads and acne blemishes, as well as the appearance of wrinkles.
- Niacinamide – A form of Vitamin B3, Niacinamide potentially helps with all skin issues like hyperpigmentation, ageing, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also helps minimise the appearance of large pores and reduce tanning effects.
Now that we know some better ingredients and the benefits of a face scrub, let’s look at the steps to be followed while using them. The most important thing to remember is to be gentle on your skin when scrubbing it and not massage it aggressively. To get the best outcome:
- Cleanse your face with a face wash and wash it with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your face with a cotton cloth and do not dry it thoroughly.
- Take a small amount of the scrub on your fingertips.
- Gently massage the scrub in a circular motion all over your face, concentrating more on your forehead and nose, as these areas tend to have the maximum concentration of pores.
- If you are a male and intend to shave too, be gentler on your skin as shaving too will exfoliate your skin.
- After scrubbing for 2-3 minutes, rinse it with warm water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel
Don’t forget to moisturise your face with a gentle moisturiser to lock in the effects of the scrub on your skin. Always apply the moisturiser on damp skin as it seeps in better and provides maximum benefits.
Exfoliating your facial skin using a gentle scrub can effectively take care of your skin. It helps remove the dead, dry skin cells and the extra sebum from your face to give you smoother, nourished, softer skin. Invest in a scrub today and see your skin glow. Get the best face scrub for glowing skin only on Clensta!