If hydrated, glowing skin and a natural shine on your skin are what you crave, do include the necessary vitamins and minerals in your daily diet and skincare routine. Nutrient-rich foods are the best source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin and mineral-rich supplements and topical products can also treat skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, sun ageing, and various others.
Today, let’s talk more about vitamin E and its effects on your skin when applied topically.
Let’s try to understand first what Vitamin E is and why it is essential.
Vitamin E is an essential nutrient that the human body requires and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is oil-soluble and helps in the immune system's smooth functioning, the cells' function, and the skin’s health.
Vitamin E has antioxidation properties that help effectively combat the effects of the free radicals produced by the synthesis of food we eat and the toxins in the environment. It also reduces UV damage to the skin, symptoms of atopic dermatitis, and fatty liver disease. When used in moderation, it can widen the blood vessels, thus reducing the risk of blood clots.
Now that we understand its importance, let’s know how its level decreases in the human body. Vitamin E in the body can reduce if there is over-exposure to sunlight and UV light. Another critical factor is ageing, which reduces vitamin E levels in the body.
Vitamin E is your ideal beauty mate. It is an excellent moisture barrier booster and has many other benefits. It is a true natural wonder to protect and correct skin and hair issues. Read further to learn more benefits that Vitamin E provides for you.
- Vitamin E’s antioxidant properties help reduce oxidative stress in the scalp, which improves hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin E is said to increase the blood flow to the scalp, which helps improve hair health. It encouraged hair growth and increased hair follicle size.
- When the hair is damaged, it leads to dull and frizzy hair. When the hair is stripped of its natural oils, the hair cuticle can get damaged, making it difficult to manage and style. Oils enriched with Vitamin E can replace that protective layer and bring back the shine.
- Vitamin E supports the scalp, gives your hair a solid base to grow by reducing oxidative stress, and protects the upper lipid layer.
- Vitamin E can also prevent premature greying of hair.
- Vitamin E is a powerful humectant and a must-have for damaged, dry, and dehydrated skin. It locks moisture in the skin and adds a glow to your face. It nourishes, brightens, and reduces oxidative stress in your body.
- Vitamin E is known for its skin-regenerating benefits and can help reduce and diminish your stretch marks when used consistently over time. It is an excellent option for lightening this skincare woe.
- An oil-soluble ingredient, Vitamin E, can help you get rid of dry, chapped lips. It has various nourishing benefits, which can be used to soothe the ugly flakes and cracks on your lips.
- Vitamin E contains antioxidants and skin-repairing properties, which help reverse pigmentation and dark spots. It has regenerative qualities, making it an excellent ingredient for reducing dark circles.
- Vitamin E is also helpful in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, sagginess, and dryness. It is a powerful anti-ageing ingredient due to a potent mix of powerful antioxidants. It boosts cell regeneration and promotes skin elasticity.
- Vitamin E adds a protective layer to your skin and comes in handy when dealing with sunburns. It has potent moisturising abilities and helps reduce itchiness and redness typically associated with sunburns.
There are various ways in which your skin and hair care products can include Vitamin E.
- Concentrated amounts of Vitamin E in various products have moisturising and nourishing benefits.
- Vitamin E and carrier oil can complete your PM Skincare routine.
- You can mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with your regular cream and apply it under your eyes for a bright and firm look.
- Get rid of dry and chapped lips with vitamin E-enriched lip care products.
Clensta has various skin and hair care products enriched with Vitamin E, which can benefit you. A few of them are:
- Deodorizing Body Lotion – The Clensta deodorizing body lotion is perfect for deodorizing and softening your skin. This lotion gives unparalleled hydration and velvety softness to your body. It helps retain the skin’s natural moisture for youthfully vibrant skin. This body lotion is enriched with Red Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, and Vitamin E extracts to leave behind naturally smooth and glowing skin. The Vitamin E extracts protect the skin from damage and improve the skin's softness.
- Red Aloe Multi Purpose Gel - Red Aloe Vera is known for its skin-relieving and relaxing properties. This Red Aloe Vera multipurpose gel hydrates your skin to give you long-lasting hydration that lasts all day. This gel is infused with Vitamin C and E. While Vitamin C improves wrinkles and overall skin appearance, Vitamin E reduces sun damage to the skin. This gel provides intense, long-lasting hydration to your skin and can also be used on your hair to give you smoother, frizz-free hair.
- Lightening Lip Balm - The Lip Lightening Balm is assembled with the purity of Kojic Acid, Turmeric Butter, Vitamin E, and Red Aloe Vera. Together, these ease up the faded lips for a more pleasant and uniform complexion. This antioxidant-rich lip cream stimulates collagen pores while sloughing away dead skin cells. Vitamin E helps nourish the lips by hydrating them to give them adequate softness and suppleness. Use this lip cream for night and day lip care.
- Skin Glow Face Wash - This daily, gentle skin glowing and cleansing face wash, enriched with Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Red Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E, actively scoops out the impurities from deep skin pores. As a result, it boosts the skin’s glow while retaining its natural moisture. Due to the non-harsh effects, it is gentle for daily use that helps maintain the skin texture and tone. It promotes a youthful glow and smoother skin.
- Rosehip Face Serum - Give your skin a radiant glow with this Clensta Rosehip Face Serum. Apply it on your face for skin smoothening, tightening, and reducing wrinkles. It is easy-to-apply, non-greasy, and made with natural ingredients to give you smooth, glowing skin. This face serum is enriched with Vitamin E, which moisturises, nourishes, and protects skin from damage.
- Eggstreme Eyebrow Serum - This Clensta Eggstreme Eyebrow Serum is easy-to-use and gives you fuller and thicker eyebrows! This eyebrow growth serum effectively strengthens hair and adds to the growing volume. It stimulates the dormant hair follicles and helps nourish the eyebrows to promote healthy hair growth. Vitamin E provides a strong base for hair growth and prevents hair breakage resulting in beautiful brows.
- Eggstreme Eyelash Serum - For healthy, longer lashes, use this Clensta Eggstreme Eyelash Serum! It helps stimulate growth, add fullness, and nourish your eyelashes. This eyelash growth serum maintains volume, leading you to see visible changes in your eyelash hair density. This eyelash serum is enriched with Vitamin E and Castor Oil. While Vitamin E provides a strong base for hair growth, castor oil naturally treats and increases hair volume and flexibility.
- Lightening Lip Scrub - Hydrate, moisturise, and heal your lips naturally with the Clensta Lip Lightening Scrub. It has natural ingredients for overall care for your lips to lighten and brighten them. This lip scrub gently exfoliates dry, chapped lips and prevents darkening. This scrub also moisturises and makes dry, chapped lips supple. The natural ingredients of this lip scrub make it the perfect remedy for lip darkening caused due to tanning or sun damage.
Broadly, Vitamin E has eight different forms, namely:
Tocopherol is most commonly used and most beneficial for the body and skin. Food labels list natural Vitamin E in food items as d-alpha-tocopherol. Vitamin E is listed as dl-alpha-tocopherol when produced synthetically and added to food. However, the natural variant is more potent than the synthetic variant. When combined with Vitamin C, it gets absorbed better in the body.
There are many food items such as seafood, green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, and various vegetable oils that are rich sources of Vitamin E. A few commercially processed foods, such as cereals and juices, also contain Vitamin E.
As seen above, Vitamin E has many benefits for your skin and hair health. Include this wonder ingredient in your daily routine to see a marked difference in your overall personal care.